Chakalaka is a dish that originates from South Africa and it is staple throughout the country. Mostly during celebrations, gathering and a must have during barbecues
• 1/4 cup cooking oil
• 1 medium onion diced
• 1-2 teaspoon curry powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic minced
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon ginger minced
• 2 tomatoes chopped
• 3-4 cups sliced cabbage
• 1 -2 Chili peppers diced seeds removed
• 1 large carrot grated on the large side or sliced thinly
• 1 medium green pepper diced
• 1 medium red pepper diced
• 250 grams cooked beans
• 1 teaspoon Winnie’s Pure Health Herbal salt
• 2 teaspoons Winnie’s Pure Health Afya Mchuzi
1 In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
2 Add onion; give it a minute or two.
3 Stir in all the spices; garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, curry, cayenne pepper, thyme- continue stirring for about a minute to let the flavours bloom. Then add tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots and cabbage.
4 Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burns.
5 Finally add beans, Afya Mchuzi stir Continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
6 Adjust for seasonings. Serve warm.
#healthyrecipes #chakalaka #food #love #foodlove #delicious #healthyliving #staymotivated #healthylifestyle #WinniesPureHealth