When we continue to juggle & taco many responsibilities in the pandemic, let's taco 'baout the goods that can come out of it. Are you excited to try new recipes you didn't get a chance to before? Do you cherish the extra time with your family? Do you appreciate the peace outside? Do you like the short walk to your "office" when you work from home? 😇
May your week start with fantas-taco vibes. Have a spec-taco-lar day, everyone! 🌞
Recipe for shrimp tacos with citrusy slaw 🇲🇽 ➡️ Ingredients listed on last pic.
1) Prepare shrimp. Devein and clean shrimp. Dry with paper towel. Combine shrimp and seasoning ingredients in a bowl to mix well. Set aside.
2) Make slaw. Put red cabbage & cilantro in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, honey, and olive oil to mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Then pour dressing to vegetables. Toss to mix well. Set aside.
3) Prepare sauce. Use sauce of your choice or make pink sauce. Combine pink sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside in refridgerator.
4) Warm tortillas one at a time. Heat a medium sized non-stick pan over medium heat on stove. Add a tortilla to pan. Let it sit for 30 seconds or until brown spots appear at the bottom. Flip to the other side and leave it for 30 seconds or until brown spots appear. Set aside on a plate.
5) Cook shrimp. In the same pan, turn heat to medium high or high. Add a bit cooking oil to coat pan. Add shrimp in one layer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until they turn pink and start to curl and meat is opaque. Then turn them to the other side & cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Put them on a plate.
6) Assembly time. Put one tortilla on a serving plate, add some slaw, shrimp, avocado, red onion, cheese, sauce, & cilantro. Fold it in half and enjoy! 😊
#quarantinefood #tacos #lunch #dinner #lovefood #mexicanfood #foodporn #foodgasm #foodstagram #foodiegram #foodbloggers #foodfeed #eathealthy #redcabbage #shrimp #slaw #nomnom #phoneeatsfirst #stayhome #simplecooking #yummy #getinmybelly #ottawafoodies #foodphotographer #homemade #steakcalmlettuceeat #shrimptacos #colourfuldish #foodpuns #eatyourvegetables